Monday, July 28, 2008

So let me tell you a story......



I truely believe that if you can follow your dreams, anything can come true.


mmhmmm.




Let me tell you a story about my friend, Brandon Taylor.



Let me give you a little bio on Brandon.

Brandon is 19, he graduated from High School Last year through some minor struggles.

Him and his fiance, Ashley have a one year old child named Elizabeth.

Because of his daughter, he couldn't pursure his college career.

Well that's not his only struggle in life. From drugs, to drug dealing to even his parents disowning him and kicking out of the house. Brandon has always had struggles in his lifetime.


Now he's trying to turn everything around, not for himself but for the sake of his family.

He know works a daytime job at a factory working nine hours a day.

After work he heads off to do what he does best, BMXing.


I personally knew Brandon Taylor since High School, so we aren't strangers.

So propose to him, " Brandon have you ever thought about being sponsored at what you do?"

From that day forward, I gave effort to get him sponsored.

Signing on to websites, spreading his name out.


Until today........

A company called Fluid sent me a letter intrested in Brandon's talent.



Fluid is a protien shake company that makes muscle recovery drinks for all athletes.
So quickly I print the contract out and read the fine print.
Took it to Brandon's house and made some Happiness:D
We signed and I personally was the first one to shake his hand on this amazing sponsorship deal.
This is a small stepping stone for more sponsorships, but at the mean time, we are happy that a person from Henderson, Ky is sponosered:D
But the one thing that touched me the most out of this experience is when he asked me why I helped a low-life like him?
........Because I truely believe that were all saints in our hearts..........and good hearts deserve greater things in life.......talking from experience.

3 comments:

Kat said...

awesome, chico :)
l,
Kat

Gabe said...

Brandon got sponsored? That's awesome, even though its just a protein shake.

Nicole Linette said...

Hey! I found your blog off of Hannah's.

That's really generous what you did for Brandon, hopefully it'll get him started for a better life. Quite amazing :)


xoxo
nicole.