Thursday, July 24, 2008

Funny Thing.......

I found my poetry book!!!

yes funny thing, I do write poetry mmhmmm, I did have a emo side during middle school???

and I don't know why?

oh well

let me shoot some stuff on here:D


Poem 1

Well I've got a secret, I cannot say.

Blame modern movement to give it away.

You've got something I understand.

Hold it in tightly, call on command.

Leap of faith- do you doubt?

Cut you in, I just cut you out.


Look for reflections in your face,

Canine devotion, time can't erase.

Out on the corner, locked in your room.

I never believe them, I never assume.


Stuck in belief, there is a lie.

Promise is promise, an eye for an eye.

We've got something to reveal,

No-one can know how it feels.


I think you already know,

How far I'd go, not to say you know.

The art isn't gone.

I'm taking my song to the grave.

Whatever you do, don't tell anyone.


Poem 2

When I wake up early in the morning.

I lift my head, I'm still yawning.

When I'm in the middle of a dream.

Stay in bed, float up stream.


Please don't wake me, no.

Don't shake me.

Leave me where I am,

I'm only sleeping.


Everybody seems to think I'm lazy.

I don't mind, I think they're crazy.

Running everywhere at such a speed.

Till they find, there's no need!


Please don't spoil my day.

I'm miles away.

And after all.......

I'm only sleeping......

Keeping an eye on the world going by my window.

Taking my time......


Poem 3

You spotted the ocean.

At the head of the trail.

Were are we going?

So far away,

Somebody told me...

That this is the place,

Where everything's better,

and everything's safe.


Half an hour later.

We packed up our things.

Said we'd send letters.

And all those little things....

They knew we were lying.

They smiled just the same......

Seem'd they'd already forgotten we came.


Back at the homestead.

Where the air makes you choke.

People don't know you.

And trust is a joke.

Don't even have pictures.

Just memories to hold.

That grow sweeter each season.

As we slowly grow old......


Poem 4

Pepsi-Cola sucks.

It tastes like fucking shit.

Flush it down the toliet.

And get rid of it!!


If you drink coke.

Then you are in luck.

Don't drink Pepsi-Cola.

Cause Pepsi-Cola sucks!!!!

:D


Poem 5

I knock on your door.

I tiptoe on the floor.

I hope your daddy ain't home right now.

He warned me once before.


I stay up late.

So we can keep our date.

I love that we don't get no sleep.

So to your windo I creep.

You know he warned me once before.


Now you're in love.

And why shouldn't you be.

I'm everything you and I can be.

You say don't leave.

Baby, I can't wait.



That's just a tase of my lame poetry:D

I hope you enjoyed it!!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Hahaha I remember when you read me some of these :P
You're so poetic...HAHAHAH.
They're lovely, Chico. You're much better than I am in the poetry department.
Hahaha I dig how you put the random Joker at the bottom :P
Lame.

l,
Hannah

chico said...

hannah, I have a new respect for the joker:D

Amanda said...

Chico, thats a million times better than i could ever attempt to write!
But i do prefer a diet pepsi over a diet coke, sorry!!!

Kat said...

I really like these :)
I can't write poetry to save my life


keep them, you never know, you could get published one day :P
Love,
Katherine

Gabe said...

Haha I loved the Coke one.